Make a Donation
Hope and a Home envisions a city in which all families are housed, growing stronger, and contributing to the life of their community.
We count on the support of caring and generous people like you to make that vision a reality. Your gifts to Hope and a Home translate directly into dramatic and sustainable improvements in the lives of low income parents and children:
Whether it's helping families achieve stable housing, advocating for educational opportunity for children, training neighborhood teenagers for job readiness and matching them with rewarding jobs, or supporting vibrant community building, your investment in Hope and a Home will result in a brighter future for families and for our city.
YOUR IMPACT AT A GLANCE
A 2007 study by the Georgetown University Medical Center confirmed our success. Hope and a Home's graduates, one to five years after the program, were found to be:
Homeless No More
- None of the families had returned to homelessness or transitional housing facilities.
- 87% of those surveyed had improved their quality of housing.
- At least one program graduate achieved homeownership.
Earning Higher Wages
in Satisfying Job
- Graduates attained a 60% increase in wages. Incomes ranged from an average of $17,500 before the program to $30,667 after.
- 53% of families reported improvements in job satisfaction and credit ratings as a result of Hope and a Home's training.
Committed to Greater Education
for a Secure Future
- 73% of participants graduated from high school and went on to attend or graduate from college.
- 91% of the children participating in Hope and a Home's good grades program (32 out of 35 children) increased their grade point averages from 2.65 to 3.05 during the program; 71% continued improving after leaving the program.
- 6 of the 9 high school age students in the program graduated from high school. All 6 went on to college.